Up, up, and away… NXNE starts today in Toronto and will run for 10 whole days from June 13- 22. Get ready for every bar in Toronto to be invaded with bands and last call to be extended until 4am! So grab a beer, down some whiskey shots and enjoy some great music! I won’t be around to witness the chaos, as I am currently (I am guessing as I wrote this about a week ago) in an airport or on a plane on my way to the other side of the world. But I didn’t want to leave you hanging, I have prepared for you guys a list of 10 acts that I think you should see at NXNE. Obviously you’d want to take my advice because why would I choose to lead you astray? Plus I have good taste in music… so… You should probably take this list to heart! Have fun, party hard, wake up on a park bench or somewhere else that is equally as awkward!
10. Boyhood – June 20 @ 8PM – The Smiling Buddha
9. Language Arts – June 19 @ 10PM – Silver Dollar
8. Omar Souleyman – June 20 @ 6:30PM – Yonge & Dundas Square
7. Le1f – June 19 @ 6:15PM – MOD Club
6. Her Harbour – June 18 @ 12AM – Dakota Tavern
5. Pif Paf Hangover – June 18 @ 11PM – Lee’s Palace
4. FOXTROTT – June 18 @ 10PM – Wrongbar
3. Mac Demarco – June 20 @ 11PM – The Opera House
2. Odonis Odonis – June 19 @ 5:30PM – Yonge & Dundas Square
1. Ryan Hemsworth – June 20 @ 2AM – Adelaide Hall
Check out my posts from last year here.